Sunday, May 3, 2009

Let's Play Texas Poker!




Aside from YouTube viewing, my newest addiction is Texas Poker online gaming with my friends. From the time that I was invited by Razel, and started to play even without knowing the rules of poker, I just got hooked.




I started reading the rules on how to play and watched some videos just to learn some tactics. And found out that this game may also require talent of bluffing, which I am not good at. But since this is online, and personally cannot see the face of the opponent, maybe I should try.. :P



How Poker WorksTexas Hold'em is currently the most popular form of poker by far. It is a game that has all the elements that make poker such a wonderful pastime. There are opportunities to bluff, gamble, apply mathematical skills, get lucky or unlucky, use strategy, and possibly win large sums of money.




See these articles about poker:
The best poker players are the ones who know when to risk their chips and when to hold them close.


If you're planning to sit down for your first hand, you should probably go over some Poker Basics first. Even James Bond plays it now. Say hello to the most popular game of poker around, and learn How to Play Texas Hold 'Em Poker. Reading the cards is only part of the game in poker. Just as important is making the other players think you have a different hand than you do. A good liar probably knows How to Bluff in Poker.




We started creating a table composed of 3: Razel, Ate Menchie and me. Then next "sessions" were made up of Beth, Malen, Ron and Jayjay. After some few days, we began playing with other players from other FTSP departments. (Sometimes we didn't know each other personally).


Table should be up to 9 members only and I remember the instance that I cannot join because the table was full! So I just waited for someone to give up and waited for my turn :)




Highlights of poker playing with friends:


* I like hearing the sound of the chips going to my seat


* It's like you achieved a medal when you won the play. But when you lose it feels like you lose some cash. :P


* Everyone has nicknames and history :P


* Bonding with friends


* You can chat while playing


* You can have a cup of coffee, received some chips, tissue, drinks, donuts from other members.


* Themesong: "Poker face" by Lady Gaga




Speaking of Poker Face song, I got LSS by this song and lasted for about 2 days on my head!


What I watched in YouTube tonight and find it cute...
Chipmunks version of Poker face :)
Lucky -sung by Jazon Mraz and Colbie Colliat

No comments:

Post a Comment