Saturday, October 3, 2009

Inspiring Quotations

I love inspiring quotations and sayings! I always take down notes very good lines of sayings because it made me inspire when I'm so down and needing some guidance.I used to collect good and inspiring quotations when I received via text messages or emails. Until now, when I read magazines, I do take down some notes.:)
I also subscribe to Beliefnet.com, because this site sends daily inspiring quotations, even biblical quotations.

Yesterday, I am the in-charge of afternoon section meeting. Our topic is: "What sayings/quotations you strongly believed in?". By the way, this topic is actually my suggestion when our immediate supervisor asked our idea for our next topic for next meetings.

So these are what I shared during our meeting:
1) Ever since I was a kid, I always remember to:
Count your blessings
. It always comes to my mind when I'm sad or seems problematic. This makes me grateful to everything that happens to my life. I always believe that pain/suffering sharpens your strength and it is not healthy if only good things happen to you.

2) About personality differences, this is my way to understand other behaviors.
You cannot please everybody
You may please someone to like you but NOT all. I mean, as long as you didn't do anything against the person, you don't have to worry why he/she didn't like you..

3)In work..well, there are so many sayings about work but this is what I needed most:
Enthusiasm is more powerful than money, power and influence..
.
Whew! I really really need to learn how to make me enthusiastic in my daily work especially now that most of us were demotivated.. :(

In connected to this, I read this title of an article in a magazine, while I'm a salon while waiting for my mom last week:

Can You Love the Job You Hate?

These are the suggested ways of the author, Minnie Francia
1) Make a pain and pleasure list. We are often motivated by the desire toward pressure or to avoid pain
2) Find the source of your discontent.
3) Be a part of the solution, instead of being part of the problem
4) Find friends
5) Take a vacation
6) Be thankful
7) Manage your career
8) Get a reality check

Yay! I think I only dealt with items 4 and 6. For Item#5, I hope we can do this by the end of this month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment