Saturday, January 2, 2010

70's Music and Crystal Gayle

Here’s my list of 70’s songs. Most of the songs were remaked by newer generations and yet I do prefer the original song. Before, I was not so familiar with these songs, but because of friends’ influences, you tube browsing addiction, and my enthusiasm to the 70’s music.. these made me love these songs:

It's my first time to see Crystal Gayle in videos.  Very beautiful, talented and graceful! :)


1) YOU AND I by Crystal Gayle and Eddie Rabbit
Just you and I,
Sharing our love together.
And I know in time,
We’ll build the dreams we treasure.
We’ll be all right, just you and I.

2) I NEVER CRY by Alice Cooper
Take away, take away my eyes
Sometimes I’d rather be blind
Break a heart, break a heart of stone
Open it up but don’t you leave it alone
3) BROKEN HEARTED ME by Anne Murray
But I don’t think time is gonna heal this broken heart
No I don’t see how it can if it’s broken all apart
A million miracles could never stop the pain
Or put all the pieces together again
4) CRAZY by Kenny Rogers

Coz you are the dream
that finally came true in me
in all my life there’ll be noone else
if I looked all my life
there could be noone else
and for the rest of my life
all I need is you.
5) I JUST FALL IN LOVE AGAIN by Anne Murray
And though I
Just fall in love again
Just one touch and then it happens every time
There I go I
Just fall in love again
and when I do
I can’t help myself I fall in love with you
6) YOU NEVER GAVE UP ON ME by Crystal Gayle
A golden hit song from a beauty combined with talent, Crystal Gayle.
And you never gave up on me
When I was given love up on you,
Never mattered who was right or wrong,
You stayed to see it through,
You never gave up on me,
When I was making things rough on you,
And you showed me what it really means to love
7) I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO LOVE by Leif Garrett
I was looking for someone to love,
And, oh, the heartaches I found;
I was looking for someone to love,
But you were just looking around.
8) I NEVER DREAMED SOMEONE LIKE YOU COULD LOVE SOMEONE LIKE ME by Katie Irving
Soundtrack of the movie ‘Carrie’. This is the song that played during the prom in ‘Carrie’ when Tommy and Carrie were dancing.
It’s just not true
Couldn’t ask for anymore than you
Because you look at me
As though I’m beautiful
Could it be that you want me
I never dreamed someone like you
Could want someone like me
9) IT TAKES A MAN AND A WOMAN by Teri Desario
Popularized by Teri Desario. Sharon Cuneta has a revival of this song.
It takes a man and a woman to feel what we’re feelin’
And aint it a miracle that you’d take a woman like me
To love a man like you
10) IT’S WRONG FOR ME TO STAY AND LOVE YOU by Pia Zadora
IT’S WRONG FOR ME TO LOVE YOU from the movie BUTTERFLY by PIA ZADORA. Pia Zadora (born Pia Alfreda Schipani, May 4, 1954) is an American actress and singer. Pops Fernandez has a remake of this song.
A love like ours
Where can it go?
I must be strong
‘Cause now i know
It’s wrong for me to stay and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment